I stopped by the the Ben Smith dam pool and took about 30 casts across the current. I was throwing black/silver Rooster Tail and it was getting tapped every cast. I ended up landing 2 Dace (Fallfish) and lost a couple at shore. The Fallfish are spawning and attacking everything that gets in front of them. To date, i landed my larges yet (pic). I've been catching river Dace since I was a kid and I finally landed a nice one. A fun catch with an untralight on 6#. Bugs everywhere. (phone pic)
Monday, May 14, 2007
Assabet River - Ben Smith Dam - Maynard
I stopped by the the Ben Smith dam pool and took about 30 casts across the current. I was throwing black/silver Rooster Tail and it was getting tapped every cast. I ended up landing 2 Dace (Fallfish) and lost a couple at shore. The Fallfish are spawning and attacking everything that gets in front of them. To date, i landed my larges yet (pic). I've been catching river Dace since I was a kid and I finally landed a nice one. A fun catch with an untralight on 6#. Bugs everywhere. (phone pic)