Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Sudbury River - Lincoln


I may have had one of the work outings in some time. Andy and I met as we did last week at the Sudbury River Canoe launch at 5pm to fish Fairhaven Bay and surroundings. I literally went from 5:15 to almost 8pm without even a bite! As this skunking unfolded, Andy was upto 6 or 7 Largemouth using salted worms. I was throwing both my dressed Mepps 5 and my black/silver willow blade spinnerbait. In frustration I took a few casts with the salted worm and did get a few nice strikes. I actually lost what appeared to be a decent Bass. Finally, I catch a small Bass on the Mepps. Around this same tiem Andy lost a small Pike. Just at dusk around 8:30pm right in front of the canoe landing I caught this Bass (pic) using my Mepps. In the end, Andy caught 7 or 9 and one weight close to 3 lbs. No other species other than Largemouth Bass were caught.