I took off for roughly 30 minutes and stopped by the dam to take a few casts. I was surprised to see how much the water lever had risen after only a day of rain. It seemed as if the water level came up a foot, at least. It didn’t help much anyway, the water is still a couple of feel below normal. I had only one hit out of my 30 of so casts. Surprising since this spot has been so hot lately. Something of size snapped at my Rooster Tail. I noticed a slow flash and saw a silvery side of a fish. It was hooked for no more than a second before my spinner started up again. Skunked at the dam.
Later in the day I took my wife to a craft fair at the Maynard Elks and decided to check out the river with he kids. I took out my rod; now with a small Zarra spook tied on I was able to take a few casts. One small hit, probably a Sunfish, nothing else around. The water also seemed a little high and fast moving. The clarity seemed fine but the fish just weren’t there.